The University of Ottawa only accepts payment by money order or credit card. Cash payments are not permitted. To register in person or by mail candidates must purchase a money order. Credit card payments are only accepted through online registration.
Registration forms can be downloaded below or picked up from Hamelin Hall (70 Laurier Avenue East), room 130.
Completed registration forms, photocopies of identification and full payment (money order) must be sent to:
Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute
70 Laurier Avenue East, Room 130
The following types of identification are acceptable: passport or a Canadian issued driver’s license.
Confirmation of Registration
Test registrations are confirmed by email within three business days of receipt of forms and payments. Receipts are issued at the testing session.
Registration for the TESTCan closes ten business days prior to the test session; however, Language Testing Services reserves the right to close registration prior to this date if the session is full. After the registration deadline, late registrations are accepted on a space-available basis; an additional fee of $35 will be charged for late registrations. Registration forms and fees submitted by mail must be received at the Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute before registration closes. It is the candidate's responsibility to allow adequate time for the forms to arrive by mail.
- Candidates who cancel before the registration deadline (ten business days before the test) will be charged a $40 cancellation fee. The remainder of the test fees will be refunded.
- Candidates who cancel after the registration deadline (less than ten business days before the test) will not receive a refund; they may request to transfer their registration and fees to the NEXT scheduled test session.
- Candidates who do not attend their scheduled test can request to transfer their registration to the NEXT scheduled test session. They MUST contact Language Testing Services within the five business days that follow the test session.
- Preparation materials are non-refundable.
- All requests to cancel or transfer registration for a test must be emailed to TESTCan@uOttawa.ca