Registering Online - Credit Card Payments Only
To register online candidates will need their photo identification and credit card information.The following types of identification are acceptable: passport or a Canadian issued driver’s license.
Confirmation of Registration
Test registrations are confirmed by email within three business days. Receipts are issued at the testing session.
Registration for the TESTCan closes ten business days prior to the test session; however, Language Testing Services reserves the right to close registration prior to this date if the session is full. After the registration deadline, late registrations are accepted on a space-available basis; an additional fee of $35 will be charged for late registrations.
**New** Cancellation Policy
- Candidates who cancel before the registration deadline (ten business days before the test) will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. The remainder of the test fees will be refunded. Candidates who register for the test after the registration deadline, may not cancel their registration but may choose to transfer their registration. See below for more information about transfer requests.
- Candidates who cancel after the registration deadline (less than ten business days before the test) will not receive a refund; they may request to transfer their registration and fees to another scheduled test session. There is a fee for this service. Please see the transfer fees listed below.
Listening, Reading and Writing - $60
Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking - $120
Writing Only - $30
Speaking Only - $60
- Candidates who do not attend their scheduled test can request to transfer their registration to another scheduled test session. They MUST contact Language Testing Services within the five business days that follow the test session. The above transfer fees apply to this service as well.
- Preparation materials are non-refundable.
- All requests to cancel or transfer registration for a test must be emailed to TESTCan@uOttawa.ca.